Below is a picture of the new booster spacer bolted up to the pedalbox. The picture is slightly out of focus but you can still see the new pushrod that I have made up. At the booster end I drilled a 3mm hole to accept a drivepin to ensure the new pushrod remains in alignment with the pushrod going into the booster. At the brakepedal end the standard Niva pin and locking washer were retained.

As mentioned on the previous page I thought about fitting some kind of reinforcing strap to this whole assembly to support and strengthen it a bit. Without the pedalbox in the car the firewall in a Niva is very flimsy and flexes a lot. Even with the pedalbox bolted up there is probably quite a bit of movement in the firewall when the brake pedal is pushed hard. I know that in race/rally cars it is common to fit a strap to the booster or mastercylinder to give the brake pedal a more positive feel. If it is good enough in those cars then it must be good enough for my Niva I reckon. So this is what I cooked up.

This is suprisingly effective at stiffening everything up. There is no movement whatsoever in the booster with this bracket in place and bolted up.
While I was in the mood for fabricating things I also made the spacerplate that is needed to space the power steeringbox of the chassis rail. This was made out of 12mm mild steel plate. I had to incorporate new stops to limit the lock on the steering before the mechanism in the steering box itself ran out of travel. In a standard Niva the steeringarm stops on the mountingbolts but due to the Toyota box being a bit longer than the Niva box this was no longer possible.